Monday, September 28, 2015

Going To The Temple Was Definitely The Highlight Of The Week. I Love The Temple!!


September 14, 2015

CH BLEIBE!!!!!! I am staying another 6 weeks here in Leipzig!!! VICTORY!!! Friday night I was getting really nervous and reminiscing on all the good times I have already had here, and the week went oh so well that I dreaded the thought of leaving. BUT it's all good. Tis noch things to do!! 

Sister Reed and I are staying together, and Elder Clarke will stay as well. This will be the longest I've stayed with a companion!! (3 transfers) and the longest I will have had the same district leader (4 transfers) haha, it's weird that out of my 13 transfers in the mission, Elder Clarke will be apart of 4. Who knew?!

OH MAN this week was solid.

This lady had called up the elders and said she wanted to have missionaries over, so we went. Her name is Dorin, she met with missionaries 5 or 6 years ago, then had an accident and is now on the search again for a new direction. We met Tuesday and Thursday. Talked about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. In our first lesson all of a sudden after talking about finding the truth out she said that she was having this feeling that she should just kick us out, AND there was like this total dark change in her countenance and I was like UHHHHHHHH. We talked her out of it and about focusing on the good feelings. Quite strange, but we were thankfully able to bring the spirit back to the conversation. She was able to get a ride to church with a member, and a few members came up to her before and after, not just to introduce themselves but to give their testimonies as well. ALL RIGHT.  She really liked church!!! It was way cool. We go back tomorrow. It’s only been a week now of knowing her, I'm stoked to see how it goes from here, despite the forces working against her.

We met with Holger on Wednesday, his friend couldn't come then...BUT THEY BOTH CAME ON OUR AUSFLUG TO THE TEMPEL!!! I WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!!! Oh man Saturday morning we took the train to Freiberg. It is such a pretty city! The Temple is so being renovated, but there was still a special spirit there. It was so calm outside, and just peaceful. I am so grateful we could go, and bring people along. Holger's friend is Rene, they are actually neighbors. It was pretty new for them both, but they were impressed at how heartfelt and sincere everything was. I LOVE THEM. it was like a whole day trip, so we really got to know them better and we are now good friends. We got our transfer call while there, and Holger was so excited that I am staying. We meet with them both on Wednesday.

Going to the Temple was definitely the highlight of the week. I love the Temple!!

OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET. Saturday night I woke up in the middle of the night and then I couldn't fall back asleep. Super lame. AND THEN the phone lit up and we got a text. In my tired state I checked it and guess who it was???? LOU SONG!!!!! Turns out she went to China for a month and didn't have access to her number. Oh my goodness I wanted to cry!!  haha then I really couldn't fall asleep :) 

I really love this city. I LOVE LEIPZIG. So many adventures everyday. So many different people. Germany is just gorgeous. I feel such love for those I meet here. I feel so humble and so blessed to serve here. I love my mission!!!

This week was such a good week. One of those weeks that really reminded me why I am here, and why I will keep going on. This work is important. Not everything is easy. Not everything is happy and joyful. But we are working for the day when all will be perfect! I know that day will come. I know that we cannot just endure, but enjoy. Heavenly Father loves us. He wants and expects us to succeed! I love my Savior, and I love His Gospel that brings so much clarity and purpose to my life. 

2 Nephi 33:6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

LIEBE GRÜSSE AUS LEIPZIG
Sister Mittleman
Schwester Mittleman at the Temple
Temple visit with investigator's

No comments:

Post a Comment