Monday, October 27, 2014

God Loves Us Too Much For It All To Be Easy!!


October 20, 2014
HI! First things first- THE LADY AT ALBERTACO'S NOTICES WE HAVE NOT BEEN THERE?  SUCCESS!!!! Also THANK YOU DAD FOR FORWARDING MEGAN'S EMAILS AT LAST I AM IN THE KNOW ABOUT SANTIAGO!!!(Please notice the order of those two, mwua haha take that hermana mittleman- i know you read this email) Alright, alright. Let's get real.
Well, I love being a missionary. But that doesn't mean that every now and then we don't get little "bricks on our heart" as Trainer Norton and I have called it. When you just sigh, and feel a little weight on your heart. I am sure we have all felt this way.  This week has been ok. To put it short, things fell out, people were being wack, I was a little discouraged, I shed some tears a few times. etc etc etc. But I have a knowledge of my savior Jesus Christ, and of a loving Heavenly Father who loves me. Need we more? Didn't think so.
R- we visited her this week, and went through the baptismal interview questions with her, just to show her how ready she is. She really liked that. She asks us to continue to pray for her, and also for her children. She really needs to come to church though. Something we are working on, but we can only do so much, Ya know?
S- I just want him to see how simple life and religion should be!! I feel a bit at a stand- still with him. We are praying to know what and how we can move forward with him
B- Welllll. So B wants to be baptized!  But he is still waiting on some job interviews, so he still doesn't know if he will be staying here or leaving. This week was full o' stress, so we are trying not to hover too much, but just letting him know we are here for whatever he needs. With B I have really seen change and faith develop as his testimony in Christ has increased. WHAT A REWARDING EXPERIENCE it is to literally see people change for the better!!
Alright well now I shall answer some questions. We take the bus and walk. aww yeah!!
Yes I bought this super cute bag last week at tk max. haha German tj max...its aweeeesome. A simple black or grey backpack would be really great mom!!
Just a basic one, ya know? Each month we get 175 euro. uhhh yep its enough!!!
"deutsches essen" probs the best foood evverrrr here. Lots of potatoes. Oh my gosh a few weeks ago we ate at a members house and they gave us boiled potatoes that looked just like that one part in pride and prejudice!!! Also tea- time and formal dessert is a thing here. I’ve had some really good but also some pretty nasty herbal tea. Also schnitzel is DELISH.
Soooo B(investigator of Elder Brimhall and Carpenter) was baptized yesterday!! Oh man he was so happy and just glowing!! hahaha i sang a solo as Sister Norton played. Let me tell you, I don't do solos. I was shakin in my boots. But it was ok. Benjamin and the elders said it was good, so that's all I’m worried about! That experience was probably the best thing this week!!! Oh man it was awesome. Seeing someone prepared and excited for baptism is such a miracle!!
So this is a 7 week transfer, but this last week is it!! wahhhhh i can't even believe it!! I am so sad that Sister Norton will go home, but hey it's time and she has served well. I love her so much. This time with her has been the best. I really can't say enough about how much I have enjoyed this first transfer. Sure there are ups and downs, but that's life!! God loves us too much for it all to be easy!! We just have to have faith that we will make it through our current trials, and come out stronger. daily prayer is important. God is so great. He wants to hear from each of us. When you think about it, each of us is so small and dare I say unimportant. But He is great, because he wants to hear from each of these little people.
There is no place I would rather be than here. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is real, and it is simple. If we can find small ways to apply it to our daily little choices, we will see huge results.  I love you all so much. Your emails make me so unbelievably happy and full of joy!!! I feel your prayers and good vibes.
Love
Sister Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment