Sunday, October 25, 2015

I Really Am Grateful For The Time I Have To Serve The Lord And The People Here.


October 19, 2015

ICH WAR KRANK but now I'm back.

Yeah so not that much happened this week, as Sister Reed and I were both pretty sick for a few days. Many days spent in bed in the jams, and pug shirt. Lots of reading in the scriptures.

We DID find some health to meet with Rene and Holger this week. RENE IS SO COOL. So last Sunday in church we had talked about baptism, and during our lesson this week, Rene said that he does have the desire to be baptized, but he doesn't know if he can. His reasons for not getting baptized are all really good! I know that sounds lame, but what I guess I am trying to say is that he really understands what it means when we choose to get baptized. He said that right now everything is freiwillig, all voluntarily done, but when he is baptized he has promised to do these things. YES THANK YOU. He likes going to church and talking with us, but he just needs to realize that he NEEDS these things. When we know and feel how the commandments enrich our lives, we become willing to keep them. We strengthen our willingness when we strengthen our testimonies. So that is what we will do with Rene, help him feel the spirit confirm to him that it's all good and worth it. We talked about the plan of salvation, and it went really well. Haha, Holger had forgotten everything from our lesson with him so it was a good review. I love those too. Rene had to work yesterday so he didn't come to church, but we will see him again this week. Man I love them!!

Yess transfer calls are on Saturday. Change would be cool! This district is really old so it would be goood to go somewhere where everyone is a little more fresh on the mission. I have three transfers after this week so it's totally possible that I leave! I really love it here, and I love the people I serve and serve with. Oh Leipzig. We shall see!

Sister Reed is doing well. She and I sang in church yesterday and it went sooo goood!! She sings so well, and we sounded pretty darn good with our harmonies. Goooood times!! Singing was so much fun, I wish I could do it more often. I really love Sister Reed and spending like every waking minute of the day with her. We laugh and just stick it all out together. I would hate to have to leave her.

ON WEDNESDAY IT SNOWED FOR LIKE 3 HOURS. Thankfully it did not stick. We were sick so we were inside. It was way cool and pretty though!! I hope this winter isn't too coold. mal schauen. That sight though was definitely a highlight of the week.

HEY like a year ago in Braunschweig, the last Sunday of my first transfer this one lady just showed up to church, wanting to learn more, and so Sister Harris and I (haha mostly Sister Harris since I was so new and I couldn't understand her so well) taught her a few times before I left. SHE GOT BAPTZIED THIS WEEKEND!!!! waaaahhhhh crazy right!! I am so stoked for her. I just remember her giving me a hug after I had written down her number and address and trying to say in broken German that we would love to come visit her. What a tender mercy it is to know that she has entered the covenant of baptism :)) Life is so goood!!!

I really am grateful for the time I have to serve the Lord and the people here. My mission means so much to me, my testimony and growth are so important and precious to me. I love being here. I love my Father in Heaven, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. They live!

alles liebe aus Leipzig,

Sister Mittleman
Snowing in Leipzig

No comments:

Post a Comment