Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Sometimes It All Seems So Surreal, Too Good To Be True.


December 29, 2014
Well, well, well. Here we are on the verge of a new year. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Die zeit ist vergangen! Before I know it, it will be my birthday, then ill reach my sixth month mark, and then all of a sudden ill be a third done with my beloved mission! waaahhh! What a life, what a life I tell you! So I just emailed you on Friday, and here we are a few days later. Not too much to report on! Well of course everything is awesome, but, naja! so ist es!

We visited this one lady who we helped pull some really heavy suitcase last week. She made us tea and gave us cookies.  She has this huge German Shep. We talked about the Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon. She was a little surprised that we were giving it to her, but she was also really grateful and excited. She even smooched it haha. She goes to the Evangelisch and Catholic church. She is also POLISH which means she has this super cool accent in German especially the way her Rs come out. I love her! She said she needs a week or two to do some reading and then can decide if this is something she wants to continue with. GOOD THING THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE, know what I'm sayin? We can rely on the promise in Moroni 10.  If people really want to know, they will get a confirmation. Count on it! How cool is that?!

MANY THANKS for the family history stories and pictures! Perfect, really made me happy to read all the information and to see the pictures you sent!!!!! I love my family!!! Yes dad I still have the little pedigree chart we even laminated one remember??? Still send pictures during this week and maybe ill get them next Monday printed. Haha did you just notice my German sentence structure there with my verb at the end. Hahaha I love it!!! Wow I have changed so much!!!! (Hope you can catch my sarcasm even in email)

I get to see Sister Norton tomorrow,  (mom note- sis Norton was Madison first companion and trainer.  They were together for the first 6 weeks of Madison’s mission.)  She and family are taking us out to lunch, then on Thursday we will see them at a members house for new year's eve. Heyyyy party!!! (President approved no worries) IM STOKED

OH I FORGOT the family we were with on HeiligAbend aka Christmas Eve had LIT candles on their tree LIT DO YOU READ THIS CLEARLY LIT LIKE FIRE. As the member was lighting them all, haha and he looks like der Weihnachtsmann anyway, all I could think of was those you-tube safety videos of how quickly a tree and room can go up into flames. HAHA it was all good though. Germans are just cool like that. That's what's up!

I can't remember if I told you or not that the First presidency andacht  (First Presidency Christmas Message) was the thing that really pounded the meaning of Christmas into me. Luke 2 and the music just made it all so real for me. Christ really was born in humble circumstances, and He continued to live a life of humility. He was and is the perfect example, the perfect leader. He has given us the chance to exercise agency, and has shown us how we can be truly happy. I know that He came, and I know that He will come again. I look forward to that day. I love my Savior, and I feel His presence very close to me. The third verse of Im Stroh in der Krippe, Away in A Manger has been flowing through my mind these past few weeks. We can all feel the love and help of Jesus Christ if we seek Him out. I know it. Oh how I love my Redeemer!

Throughout the past few weeks I have had a few of those, "I'm a missionary in Germany" moments. Sometimes it all seems so surreal, too good to be true. But this is the work of the Lord, need I say more!? I love where I am, and I love what I do. Thank you for all the support and lovin'!!! LOOOOVE YOU!
3 Nephi 1:8
LIEBE GRÜSSE
SISTER MADISON MITTLEMAN


Madison skyping with us on Christmas Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment