Monday, December 15, 2014

YES THAT MEANS I WILL BE.... A TRAINER. Whaaaaaaa????


December 1st, 2014
AT LASSSSST CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE. Today we are going to go check out the scene at the weinachtsmarkt down the block and I AM SO EXCITED.
BUT I AM ALSO A LITTLE SAD.
BECAUSE I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED. AND I WILL BE FINISHING SOMEBODY'S TRAINING. YES THAT MEANS I WILL BE.... A TRAINER. whaaaaaaa????
The sister, Sister Murdock to be exact, is only one transfer younger than me...so I just finished my last 5 weeks of training, and now I get to go oversee that same last part for her...as trainer.... haha just goes to show that He qualifies those He calls...
Where am I going you are probably thinking??? LÜBECK. waaaay up north to the coast!! So Trainer Norton was in Lübeck, then she came to Braunschweig. And I came to Braunschweig, now to follow her backwards to Lübeck. Wow, what a tangled web of missionary fate and bonds between trainer and trainee...paths overlapping...never to be distanced in a very real way. haha not sure if that makes sense but I am just trying to be dramatic. Also trying to stall and ponder.....because...because..because..
I was sick this week.
Ok let's get to everything else I have to say and answer some of your questions!
We had our tausch this week with the sister training leaders in Hannover. I stayed in bs, and sister Wiborny came with me. She is from  Fankfurt and is AWESOME. So direct, so proactive, so solid. We had an appointment that night with S, and it was actually a tender mercy that we had a native missionary there, because she and S really cleared up some confusions. In short, we will all be going separate ways. I think I saw it coming (hindsight bias???) but I think only someone with the personality and German of Sis W could have cleared it all up. We had gemiko after that, and I was feeling sick, and so it all got a little too overwhelming and I cried in front of the elders and our two gmls!!  naja, that's life. The next day, Thanksgiving, I was just sick. Sore throat and achy. We retaushed, and I slept for a bit back home. That night we went to the relief society activity. We painted angels and this cute lady read some Christmas legends out loud. That part was cooool. probably the lamest thanksgiving ever, as I was sick. It’s all good though!
Glad you’re Thanksgiving was solid. A nice walk and pizza!! niiice.  Have fun at the Relief Society Dinner!! How nice!!! Wish I was there.
Uhh no almost getting hit by a car was random, quite the miracle actually #jesussaves. I really know that the Lord watches over every single one of His missionaries!!
Not sure what the skyping will be like, I’ll tell you next week after I’ve grilled my fellow missionaries in Lübeck for details
Dad the beard looks LEGIT. So cool. der weinachtsmann kommt bald!!!
So I think being a lil sick was hard.
But I do have lots of good things to say anyway
Our ward missionary took us to her house after a joint teach, made us noodles, and then the elders came over as she wanted a blessing before a doctor appt. It was awesome! She was so grateful for all of us, and it really strengthened my testimony of the priesthood.
One morning this week I wasn’t feeling too happy, so while my comp was in the shower I washed the dishes and listened to the motab arr of I Mm a Child of God on replay. I love the primary songs so much more now than ever before! That really cheered me up!
Had a conference call Friday night with all the missionaries and president that would be training. I looove president Kosak! He said so many simple, but inspiring things that I really needed to hear.
So three of us are getting transferred, so at church they had us share a brief testimony. It was sooo sad! It’s sad I think because its my first area, and I don’t know anything else, ya know? So many beloved ward members and investigators to leave!  haha this one lady asked me if I was going home now!! hahah i was like uhhh nein ich habe noch 15 monaten!! haha still 15 months to go actually!! I had so many sweet goodbyes and good wishes! It's nice to know that SOME DAY I'll see them all again, even if it isn’t in Germany.
I sort of knew this was coming.... missionary life is awesome!! It’s a little hard with Christmas time and all of the cool Germany Christmas things going on, I mean of course I want to go window shopping and take pictures and visit the weinachtsmarkt every day,  but I'm  a missionary right now. And that has really helped me to see what is important. No I’m not eating gingerbread in pants, but I'm spreading the news of the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ. The reason we have for celebrating!  Being on a mission has helped me really put things into perspective. I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for all the support and prayers, and examples you all are. My family means so much to me! I love you all so much! Stay gold my friends. Keep pressing forward!! Your next email from me will be full of new stuff awwww yeahhhh!!!
LIEBE GRÜßE
Sister Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment