Monday, January 18, 2016

Cottbus-And So It Begins

November 2, 2015

Wellll here I am in Cottbus!  Saying goodbye on Tuesday to everything and everyone in Leipzig was hard. I got a little teary eyed as my train went out of sight of the missionaries that were there to see me off. I really loved Leipzig. But alas, change is good.

I'm glad to be somewhere new. in comparison to Leipzig, COTTBUS IS TINNYYYY. (okay, well not thaaaat small) oh man I got here and I was like, where are all the people??? haha I have been saying similar things for the past week, Sister Fehlmann just looks at me funny when I do.

Ahhh yes my companion aus Freiberg, die Sister Fehlmann!!  this is her second transfer. she should be flying out on the 16th...... I have no idea what will happen to me or the program here. it's driving me crazy but I'm trying to be okay with it. naja. it's weird but cool having a German companion (again). Haha like she will ask me in the morning if she can turn on the light and I'll respond, and then after like 10 seconds I'll wonder, did I just say that in German?..... I've been grilling her with all of the little things I've always wanted to know how to say but never had the chance to learn. She is pretty mellow, which is cool. but sometimes it makes me feel like I'm on crazy pills and am hyper all the time. Haha my energy isn't all balanced out all the time as it was with Sister Reed. BUT I really like her!  Schade that we have two weeks but hey at least it's two weeks, right

So last Tuesday I saw Sister Kosak (Wife of Madison’s previous Mission President) at the ward choir practice!!!!!  Ahhhhh I wanted to die it was so fun to see her. She even drove us home!!! Then on Sunday I saw that the Kosak’s came in the building, and then I said hi to Sister Kosak, AND THEN President Kosak turned around and just gave me this smile and it melted my heart!!!!! Oh it was so nice to talk with him for a few minutes, he and his wife are so dear to my heart. He talked to me in German and I was in Heaven. So they asked me to share my testimony first in the sacrament meeting and introduce myself, and right when the bishop said that, President Kosak like cleared his throat really loudly and turned to glare me down with that adoring glare he has. Oh man as I was walking up to the podium all I could think about was all the stories he had ever told us of the wrong way to introduce yourself to a ward haha. Introducing yourself to the ward of your former Mission President was a bit intimidating for me. But when I got up there it was all good. With this being my fourth city I have applied a lot of what I’ve learned in the past. President and Sister Kosak just beamed as I talked (I dared to look at them a few times, but maybe more than a few times, the ward had like 60 people there). And I felt the spirit as I gave my testimony so I just felt so good. Then when I walked down and back to my seat President leaned toward the aisle and whispered thank you.  Gooooood times.

Soooo Dad to answer your question I actually really love silence. loooove it. People need time to think, to recognize their feelings and testimony through the spirit. 

Sister Reed said that Rene and Holger were at church yesterday, and that Rene was glowing. HERRLICH.

Best part of the week was probably just enjoying how pretty it is here, the leaves are changing and it's gorgeous. 

Challenging part was when I took a shower and forgot to close the window. haha. I FINALLY have a bathroom on my mission that has a window and of course winter is coming so it has no reason to be open when I shower anyway. Rookie mistake. 

Today is my first time emailing from here, and next week might be my last time for a bit. mal schauen. I despise not knowing!!!

My ponderize scripture for the week is Helaman 3: 35

 35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.

I just love the wording of this scripture, especially the phrase "yielding their hearts unto God." Like that talk from Sister Marriott. I love my Heavenly Father, and I want to make His will my will. Have a solid week.
liebe Grüße aus Cottbus,


Sister Mittleman


No comments:

Post a Comment