Monday, January 18, 2016

This Week Was Insane!

November 16, 2015

MANNNNNOOOOO where do I even begin!!!!!

I'll give a short summary of the craziness that was this last week.

Tuesday we helped some old lady carry her groceries home. I truly
believe she would have died from exhaustion had we not helped. That
was a tender mercy, just doing something simple to help someone.

Wednesday we had exchange with our stls, AND I WENT TO LEIPZIG!!!! I
stayed a day with sister Barlow. (She is really chill and easy to talk
with). So I wasn't in our (my last) program, but hey it's the same
city so it felt the same. I did get to visit my last apartment and see
sister Reed (LOOOOOVE her) though. Although I had been gone only 2.5
weeks it was weird but soooo cool to be back there.  It felt like
another lifetime, but at the same time as if I had never left. Oh
Leipzig. Haha we walked by the zone leaders apartment, and elder
Clarke almost jumped out the window when he saw me! Good times.

Thursday afternoon I was back in Cottbus. That night we got a call
saying that I would be receiving a mini missionary from Osnabrück! We
would be going to Berlin Sunday night at 18 to have a little exchange.
Cool, right?

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS REAL GOOD.

Friday morning, we had this unexpected mission wide conference call in
which President Fingerle said that Elder Kearon of the area
presidency, and Elder Christensen of the Seventy were visiting Berlin
AND OH YEAH ELDER BALLARD OF THE QUORUM OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES WILL
ALSO BE HERE AND HE WANTS TO MEET WITH THE MISSIONARIES. Oh man so
they said the whole mission would travel to Berlin Sunday night to
meet.

Saturday we power walked/ slow ran from the church, after an
appointment with a recent convert (he is a young man from Camaroon, we
talked about Patriarchal Blessings. He is really solid in his faith,)
for 40 minutes to catch a bus. Haha we had barely missed the Bahn so
we had to walk. Maaaan that was wild but hey we made it! What a life.

SUNDAY we had church in the morning, Sister Fehlmann's last Sunday! Then a
family fed us after, in the church might I add. Then we booked it in
the rain to bahnhof. We took the train to Berlin and it just got so
real. Yes, it was fun to see familiar faces (z.b. Sister Murdock and
Sister Brim,) but the best part was Elder Ballard. He even shook each
of our hands! That was such a sacred time for me, to be gathered as a
whole mission in the presence of an apostle on a rainy Sunday night in
Berlin Germany. I do not think it gets better than that. I got to sing
in a little choir for the meeting, that was also way cool. Just
hearing his voice was cool, as I listened, it just felt so right, and
I really do know that he is an apostle of the Lord. He told us to be
Bold and to just love what we do. It really pumped me up for my last
few months. I needed to hear his counsel.

So last night I said goodbye to Sister Fehlmann and said hello to
Sister Siems! She will stay for three weeks, she actually was in
Lübeck a few times as I was there so we actually have met before! She
is excited and I am grateful for the time we have together.

This week was crazy and stressful for several reasons, but Heavenly
Father sent me continuous signs of His love and support. I am grateful
that I can rely on Him. I love being here, and I love that I can
witness of Christ each day. Life is full of surprises and hardships,
but with Him we can be at peace. I know that God and Christ live, and
closely watch over us.

Allies liebe aus Cottbus,


Sister Mittelmann

Schwester's Siems & Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment